For whom? Everyone 🙂, beginners are welcome
Children? From 11
When? All summer. Click here for our scheduled tours, all of these are open for groups and individuals to join.
Where do we start? Our base on Flåm Beach, and we come back here at the end
When do we start? At 09.30 on the Beach in Flåm,
Where do we end? We finish in Gudvangen by 16.30 on the last day.
How do I get to Flåm? You will get a lift back to Flåm and our base / see travel advice
Where to book? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather? Check storm.no or yr.no, both are just as inaccurate 🙂
How many people on? We have a max of 12 persons on the Fjord Explorer, 2 guides will then accompany the group
What to bring? Click here for equipment list. All kayaking equipment is included. All you need to bring is warm clothes, waterproofs, a sleeping bag, hiking boots and a backpack. Pack light! All should fit inside a small kayak. You can leave the rest of your gear at our base.
How much? Click here for price list
More info needed? See below
The three day Fjord Explorer starts in Flåm and includes:
– Transport back to Flåm
– Lunch & dinner day one, all meals day two and breakfast & lunch day three
– Safety and Rescue course
– The Norwegian Canoe Associations “Våttkort” qualification for kayaking, this has a value of NOK 1190 and is an internationally recognised kayak qualification, see more about this here.
– Overnight in tents (on request from groups we can organise indoor stays some nights, with an additional cost)
– All necesseary equipment (exept sleeping bag and mat, this may be rented)
– Locally known guide, qualified according to The Norwegian Canoe Associations internationally recognised standards
– List of items that you should bring
In the morning of day one we have a introduction to the equipment and kayaks plus a safety and rescue course, everybody takes part, but it is optional to go for a swim. After lunch we start kayaking from Flåm towards the village Undredal, the goat capitol of western Norway. We have dinner and spend the night just outside Undredal.
After breakfast on day two we have a choice to take a hike to Beitelen, a viewpoint at 980 m above sea level or Stigen, a mountain farm. Both will give a chance to take in the spectacular view of how the Fjords have been carved out by the glaciers. The view will take your breath away!