The Njord Family
We like to tell people that NJORD is run like a small scale old Norwegian farm: with the help of family and friends and the support of the community. For us the word “community” extends locally, regionally and even globally. Our community comes from working together with individuals in our own village, expands to businesses in the local area and unites with other world renown organizations.
We make an effort to support members and organizations of our local community as well as members in the outdoor adventure community, sea kayaking community and those individuals, organizations and businesses that inspire innovation and efforts advocating sustainable practices and the protection of our environment.
NJORD works with a wide range of partners in a variety of areas of mutual competence. Such competencies include guiding, guide training, wilderness skills, minimum impact techniques, customer service, interpretation, medical training and team building to name a few. Partnerships are firmly embedded in NJORD’s way of working at local, regional, national and global levels.
NJORD has partnered with several member driven organizations, actively contributes and participates in a variety of memberships and continues to ally ourselves with several businesses that we consider “comrades in arms”.
Partnerships / memberships
NJORD are active members and supporters of the following organizations;
ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association), LNT COE (Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics), SAKTE, Nærøyfjorden Verdarvspark, NCE Tourism (Norwegian Center of Expertise Tourism Fjord Norway), Visit Sognefjord, Kayak The Fjords company network.
Comrades in Arms
Flåm Camping & Youth Hostel, NOLS, Crossing Latitudes, Adventure Burren, Sogndal Lodge & Guiding, Northern Exposures, Solund Aktiv AS, Tofino Expeditions, National Geographic, Ægir Bryggeri, 292 Aurland, Outer Edge Expeditions, Fjord Gardsmat,
By joining forces with its wide reaching community, NJORD can leverage resources, expertise and competencies to promote all of NJORD’s ideals and values, to achieve common development goals, and to strengthen visibility and impact of its action.
The way in which NJORD works with partners takes different forms and includes notably:
• Combining expertise for programme delivery through joint designing and implementation of activities at regional, national or global level
• Direct financial and in-kind contributions, including personnel secondment, volunteers, equipment.
• Coordination and consultation on the elaboration of programmes and on development of policies, standards and norms
• Sharing outreach capacity and specific networks to support NJORD’s advocacy and policy dialogue in its priority areas.
• Providing and benefiting from technical assistance and advisory services (ie; consulting on kayak programing, implementation of LNT, etc.)